Monday, October 20, 2008

Post Aids Walk....


Well, everyone be sure and thank my sister... or perhaps my nephew for giving me the most awesome cold ever! It started a few days ago with a sore throat and now it's moved full blown into my sinuses and I am MISERABLE! But, despite all that, I finished all 3 miles of the AIDS walk! I'm not going to pretend like it was easy the way everybody else made it look... I'm so de-conditioned that it was actually quite difficult. However, I had family there walking with me to support and we had a great time. I have attached a couple pictures. This picture above is all of us before the walk started. We were in front of the memorial board dedicated to those lost to AIDS. We filled out a card dedicating the walk to my Uncle Bill who died of AIDS in March of 1994. It was a great experience to see all those people coming together for one cause and I'm glad I could be a part of it.

No comments: