Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Inspiration

So if you know me at all, you know that I am not a lover of Halloween. I can understand the appeal of getting all dressed up into a costume and trick or treating, but unfortunately... it just doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe it's because I really don't care much for candy. Or it could be my complete lack of creativity or inspiration when it comes to getting costumes.... But it could also be the fact that no matter my intentions, I'm always at the last minute, annoyed that I haven't put anything together yet. Whatever the reason - Me and Halloween? ... Not buddies.

However, this year will be decidedly different. 2011 will be the year that everything changes. Here it is, only October 5th and already I'm thinking about my costume. Not that I have any ideas... but at least I'm acknowledging it early. And you know what else? I'm planning a party. I decided that perhaps if I mix something I love to do (entertain) with something I hate (Halloween)... maybe the love will overtake. I figure, it's got the best shot at getting me excited for the big "fright night" this year. And I do so want to be excited. It seems everyone around me is giddy with ideas for costumes while I'm over there rolling my eyes; annoyed because I can't think of a dang thing to dress up as.

I've been shopping (because I'm SO not creative enough to make a costume) and here are some thoughts so far. Maybe one of these costumes is calling my name:
 
 

Or maybe something like....
HAHAHA!! Okay I probably won't wear that one. That one may have been a joke. I could so not pull off that costume. But I think you get the idea. The point is, that I'm not procrastinating! And the more I shop, the more I find myself excited and contemplating what kind of costume is going to put me in the mood to be scared this year.

More details on party planning to come soon... What will YOU be for Halloween?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Every year I have great intentions of getting myself a costume. And every year I don't. But I decided this was the year! If I buy a cute costume once then I will have a costume to wear every year! So I shopped online and found a super cute witch costume which was on clearance for only $9.99! I was so excited when it came until I tried it on. The girl on the package looks all cute and witchy. I look like I'm wearing a black garbage bag. It just doesn't look the same way on me as it does on the girl on the package. I only tried it on once though, maybe I need to give it another chance. But in general, I love Halloween! I love seeing all the different costumes as the kids come trick or treating and I love making my kids costumes.

Leah Sannar said...

Hey Lindsay! Yeah I think you're right, with kids it would be so much more fun!