Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Clean Bill of Health!

I met with my Oncologist today as a follow up to my CT Scan last week. He barely got 2 feet in the door before he started spouting off all my great test results! He said my tests were perfect and that he couldn't see any signs of cancer or Crohn's. I've been meeting with Dr. Fain every 6 months for the last 3 years and I've never seen him be so optimistic about my prognosis. He is writing us a strong recommendation letter for our adoption file, which is the most exciting part in my opinion. My favorite thing about Dr. Fain is that he dictates right after he checks me over, so we get to sit there and listen to what he says about my results. He said that the majority of recurrences in Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma happen within the first 2 years and with the way my results looked, he doesn't see any reason at all why I won't live out the rest of my life totally free of cancer and Crohn's. I will be honest, there were some tears at that moment... And I know he can't guarantee anything, of course, but what a blessing I've been given! After 2 very, very difficult years, it was amazing to feel my Heavenly Fathers love wrapping around me as Dr. Fain shared the good news. I want to shout it from the rooftops! But sadly... I think I can count on 1 hand the number of people who read my blog... so I guess I'll have to make some phone calls! :o) Today will be a good day...

5 comments:

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i bet you are feeling so great. i'm feeling so great and happy for you!!!

jeana said...

That is so awesome! I got chills when I read "he doesn't see any reason at all why I won't live out the rest of my life totally free of cancer and Crohn's." Congratulations Leah! And I read your blog, by the way, so don't forget me when your counting on your fingers.

Leah Sannar said...

Hey Jeana! So glad to know you're out there! :o) And thanks for the well wishes Kari-Lynn, it's good to hear from you!

Lindsay said...

Whoot whoot! That is awesome! I am so happy that things are going so well for you now. You deserve it! I can't wait for the post that says you are getting a baby, I am praying for you!

Leah Sannar said...

Haha! Thanks Lindsay! I'm excited too, even though I know it will take forever and that's even IF they allow us to place... but we're keeping our fingers crossed!