Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome to our Blog!


Hey everyone! We're so glad that you have taken the time to explore our Blog and check out our site. I am brand new to this so my page is really boring but I promise to try and learn more so it will be more interesting :o)


Well, I guess I'll start with an update on life with us Sannars. Most of you know about my last year and the medical issues. However, there may be some who have been left out of the loop or just don't know the details. Since I don't even remember a lot of details, I will do my best to fill you in, it this will just be a quick update and for those of you who know everything, you can just skip this! Okay, so last April (2007) I started getting really sick with high fevers and I ended up in the hospital where they had no idea what was wrong with me. They ended up admitting me and kept me there forever! I spent the whole last year in and out of the hospital for months at a time. They finally decided it was a severe Crohn's Disease flare which most of you know I was diagnosed with in 2001. While I was in the hospital, I was sick with everything you can possibly imagine. Crohn's suppresses my immune system and makes me very succeptible to everything that comes my way. Well, in September as we all thought I was starting to get better, the doctor told me that in a recent test they detected Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Let me tell you, that is NOT easy to hear. So I started Chemotherapy which I finished in January (2008) and was finally declared "Cancer Free" and we were all very relieved. After one very major surgery and a VERY painful recovery, I am finally on my way to returning to normal life. It is a slow process, but one that I am grateful to be a part of. I did lose all my hair as you can see in one of my pictures. It's finally starting to grow back which has been very interesting for me and very amusing for everyone else. You have no idea how often people rub your head when you're bald. It's hilarious, I think my head may be magnetic...


Since I spent the last year in bed absolutely incapable of taking care of myself, I must point out how wonderful my family has been and especially my husband. What a special gift he has been, taking care of my every need for an entire year. I know that must have been incredible difficult for everyone involved. Everyone has sacrificed so much for my care and I am so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends. Thank you to EVERYONE for your love and support. Especially you Tim, I love you!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yea! I am so excited that you are now a blogger! It's such a fun way to keep in touch. I can't wait to hear more from you!

Ali B. said...

I am glad you are recovering well! Lindsay kept me updated here and there and am glad you are okay!

Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well and are cancer free! How fun that you have a blog now! But beware...its very addicting!

Kari West said...

Love you girl!!!

Kahana said...

Hey its Kalei, i saw your link on Kari's page, i hope you dont mind i added you to mine. :) Im so glad you are doing much better. You have been in our prayers girly!

Lyndsee Bates said...

YEAH!!! I was so happy to hear from you!!! I love your blog and you look HOT without hair!!!! :) Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are a trooper. I miss you guys so much and hope everything is going good. Love you and keep in touch.

Camey said...

I had no idea. I am so sorry. I know how cancer has affected my life and how hard it can be. You look beautiful! I am going to add you to my blog and hopefully we can keep updated!

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

I'm not sure if you got my card but I was so glad to find your blog and read that you are ok. You are so strong so I'm not surprised you kicked that thing in the butt!!! I'm excited to keep in touch through blogging.

Aaron and Lindsey said...

Sister - part of blogging is actually UPDATING your blog... c'mon - get with it. ;)

Jeff Hamm said...

Hey Leah, what's up... found you through the Osborne's blog. Looks like you've had your hands full (based on subtle suggestions on your blog). Hope all is well! Take care.
hammfamilyfun.blogspot.com/

Andrea P. said...

Leah, I had no idea. You are so strong and brave. I'm glad I found your blog. Love you girl, glad you are recovering!

Love,
Andrea (Hardin-Tillson) Phifer