Exciting news! A couple days ago, my Aunt Marla texted us and informed us that a friend of hers who had her house on the market for quite a while, has decided to rent it out. She thought we might be interested in it so she put us in touch with her. Well, it's a pretty big house, so I never thought in a million years that it would be in our price range. Our plan was to rent an apartment after the holidays and we had a very specific price range that I didn't want to go above. In a totally not serious email, I asked Marla if she thought they would be willing to rent it for our price (which I NEVER thought tye would agree to) and they said yes! I guess letting us rent it for a little is better than losing even more money on it each month. The catch is that we have to be willing to let them keep it on the market and show the house when buyers are interested. No big deal, it will be by appointment only, I am totally cool with that... and the other catch is that there will not be a lease, since it could sell at anytime. So if it sells, we will have to move out with just 30 days notice. But the house has been on the market since February and from what I understand they haven't had a whole lot of action there with buyers. I dont think with the holidays coming up that it will sell anytime soon either... but it's a risk we're willing to take. I'll include more details on that as we get closer. Our move-in date is Nov 1st and we are finalizing everything with the "Landlords" on Oct 23rd. Wish me luck!