Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wish I had an excuse...

It has been 3 months, 1 week and 4 days since I posted on my blog last. How is this even possible you ask? Well, to be quite honest... I'm not really sure. I was posting all the time before when I worked at a computer during the day. And somehow now that I am not working full time anymore, I seem to have less time for my computer. I think it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of things. It has been pretty crazy since we moved into our new home. Which, by the way has been fabulous, even though it still looks like a bachelor pad or something with no paint on the walls and nothing decorated. I'm sure it will all come together eventually, but we're taking our time and making sure we pick what we want.

I will include an update on the house and pictures of the finished product (construction wise) very soon. But for now, I'd like to take a moment to talk about our dear friends the Shumways. We love them and they have just recently moved to Utah. Steve got a job there that sounds like a really great opportunity and we are all so happy for them! But if I'm being honest, I have to admit that I am devastated. Amy is the first person here that I really clicked with. We were here for a long time before we finally started making friends and I feel like it's all thanks to the Shums. They introduced us to all their friends and it just snowballed from there. Anyway, we threw them a going away party and I have included some pictures from our night. It was such a great time and we just really enjoyed having everyone over to our house. We will miss the Shumways so much more than I can put into words. Anyone who has had the pleasure of their friendship, understands our sadness. =(
















Kjersti and I put together a Shumway Jeopardy game that was basically a tribute to all things Shumway. It was so hilarious. I have never seen so many inside jokes and hilarious incidents put together in one specific game. We laughed and laughed. It was definitely a night to remember and I will miss those two so much. They have been such great examples to us and such amazing friends. They both have influenced our life for the better. I can only hope to find more friends as awesome as they are.

No comments: