Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rice Krispies Easter Basket

WARNING: What you are about to see is RiDIcULoUslY cute! I was way too distracted over the past couple weeks, by our upcoming home purchase to get my act together and do the Easter Bunny Cake Pops I wanted to do from Bakerella. So, I decided to "hop" in on Lindsey's (my sister) project (nice play on words there right?) and feature it here for your enjoyment. I am not sure where she got this idea, I know she mentioned seeing a picture of them somewhere and decided to give it a shot.

Here we go - without any further ado! We started with a little bit of this:  
Ingredients: 6 Cups Rice Krispies, 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows, 3 Tbsp Butter, Shredded Coconut (not pictured), Robin Eggs or Peanut Butter M&M's, Green Food Coloring (not pictured).
I'm sorry we didn't get all the ingredients in the shot... we just were kind of all over the place. :o)

Step 1: Melt the butter in a fairly good sized sauce pan, and when melted - add the 4 cups marshmallows.
Step 2: Stir constantly while marshmallows are melting and when completed, remove from heat.

Step 3: Add Rice Krispies and stir until well mixed.
Meanwhile, off to the side somewhere, you'll want to color the coconut. Depending on how green you want your grass, you can just do this however you see fit. Ours looked like this:
Step 4: Take your well greased cup cake tins, and put a good amount of the Rice Krispie mix in there and shape it like a basket. We kept ours pretty shallow, because the deeper ones didn't look as cute. Again, whatever floats your boat. Here's ours:
Shallow Baskets (above) VS. The Deeper Baskets (below)
Step 5: Place the green coconut in the bottom of your basket for the grass.
Step 6: Add the ADORABLE robin eggs, or M&M's.
I mean... does it get any better than that?? Lindsey - NICE WORK!! 



I mean these are just PERFECTION! I know what you're thinking... how can these possibly get any cuter? Well, I'll tell you: RIBBON!!!


SERIOUSLY!! It's almost too much to handle. Amazing work Lindsey, thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Side Note: Lindsey had originally planned to try and use Twizzlers, but they didn't work out as well as we had hoped...hence the switch to ribbon. It was last minute, but in my opinion - a great call. The ribbon looks as cute as Twizzlers ever could!

I hope everybody has a wonderful Easter and enjoys this special time with their families. I love big Sunday dinners, it just doesn't get any better... Except when Lindsey has adorable Rice Krispie Easter Baskets to put around as place settings!!! Have a good one! XOXOXO

OH - and one more thing... our dog wants to wish you a Happy Easter also - I mean, does this face not seriously melt your heart??


No comments: