Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blogging Mishap!

Those of you who are blogging experts probably already knew this, but I'm realizing it for the first time. It all started with a desire to make my blog a little more topic specific. I created some tabs at the top so if someone was checking out my blog and decided they only wanted to read about our adoption journey, then they could click on the tab at the top and just read those posts. So what I did was go through my previous posts and add a label to them. Well here's where all the trouble begins... I should be able to add a label without changing the date of the post. But I am realizing - for some reason - there are posts that just say "draft" and they weren't ever actually posted!! So, as I added labels to them, it was posting them TODAY. Consequently - you will probably be seeing posts that are outdated that look like I just wrote them today. Beginners mistake I guess....

So in response to this error, I will put a title on those posts with a date that I think approximately, that post should have been published. That will serve two purposes: 1) For my blog book at the end of the year, it will make a little more sense. 2) For people who actually do read my blog, this might help also. Please be patient with me as I learn what the heck I'm doing in the blogging world. :o)

Has this ever happened to any of you??

No comments: