Thursday, February 24, 2011

WICKED!

The night finally arrived when we got to see Wicked! I was so excited and the show did not disappoint. It was funny, heartfelt and the music was amazing. Putting a whole story behind the witches of the Wizard of Oz was so clever and made it fun to think about the  Wizard of Oz (which is one of my very favorites) all over again! I am totally in love with this show and would go see it again if I could!
It was a girls' night and I even got to meet some new friends! Natalie invited me and so I met a few of her friends. We had dinner first at Texas Roadhouse and then drove down to San Antonio to the Majestic Theatre, which by the way was one of the most beautiful theatres I've ever seen. It was incredible. I'm really annoyed that I didn't do better with picture taking, because if I had been thinking clearly, I would have taken a picture of the Majestic with "Wicked" on their readerboard thingy. Instead, I had to google a picture of the theatre so it says some other random show on it. Just ignore that part and pretend it says "WICKED!" Also, we weren't allowed to take pics of the inside so I had to google that too and these pictures don't do it justice. It's not the same as when it's all lit up at night for a show. Anyway - here are couple pics from our night, along with my fabricated memories from google images. :o)
From left to right: Shawna, Amanda, Me, Natalie, & Megan
A Girls' Night to be remembered. :o)

I know it's lame that I didn't take this picture.... but I still want a picture of this theater because it was really neat. So, a fake one will have to do. One in daylight and one lit up at night... I think it's acceptable.


You can't see the detail very well in this picture... man I wish you could have seen it for real. Those of you who have been there before know what I mean. It was amazing and incredible!

No comments: